Graphics and Preflight Designer
WHO IS TANGO PRESS:
Tango Press is a 100% digital printing and converting company for corrugated packaging and displays, focused on fast design and production of mid to large-sized production volumes. We are a new kind of solutions provider specializing in answering the dynamic needs of an evolving marketplace. The company was created to compress production timelines typically needed in analog printing, deliver exceptional quality, and solve schedule and volume related issues in the packaging marketplace. Unbound by the traditional legacy industry behaviors and limitations, we disrupt the traditional packaging industry model with our cutting edge digital technology, incredible responsiveness, and uncompromising service. If you are not engaged with us, we are all missing out on GREAT opportunities… Come join our team and be part of a revolution!
Tango Press is a unique organization in the packaging industry and we embrace innovation and love learning how to do things better. We believe in having fun, enjoying life, working hard, and serving people. Our goal is to help every Tango Press team member be the best we can be while delivering uncompromising solutions to our customers. We will give you the opportunities and latest resources to thrive within our organization. As Tango Press grows, we’re looking for people who are willing to roll up their sleeves today and step into leadership positions tomorrow.
We all work together at Tango Press to develop and deliver strategic and innovative solutions to the marketplace that solve problems and delight customers.
WHO WE SEEK:
Explosive growth at Tango Press has created a unique opportunity to join one of the most innovative packaging and display manufacturers in the country. Based out of our state-of-the-art digital production facility in Springdale, AR, the Graphics and Preflight Designer will be part of the team focused on developing a sustainable and scalable digital production infrastructure that will carry the company to the next plateau in growth and client engagement. This digital infrastructure will enable Tango Press to continue delivering solutions previously unattainable in the marketplace.
This individual will be responsible for the timely creation of graphics and layout designs and for building scalable and sustainable preflight systems and processes for Tango Press. Working with the Production team, you will leverage our 100% digital production platform including our HP FB15500 large format digital printing press, and multiple fully-automated production cutting tables to deliver on our value proposition of “delivering excellence in all aspects of packaging and displays”.
This position is in full service and support of the customer facing Sales teams, and is often the face and voice of Tango Press in client engagements. The Graphics and Preflight Designer will:
- Develop and design production layouts for digital production.
- Develop and complete preflight functions for incoming customer art.
- Complete designs and creative art for customers.
- Manage Caldera RIP for our HP Scitex digital platform.
- Develop and manage the color process and color work flow.
- Develop processes for managing and automating incoming customer art and designs.
- Develop and maintain printing and cutting profiles for our digital assets.
- Build and maintain a schedule of projects in the design department and ensure the projects are completed early or on time, and communicate project details to all stakeholders (Sales, Customer Service, Production)
- Support the development of the Tango Press Packaging Innovation Center, utilizing the Digital Production platform to create a center and atmosphere of extreme creativity and speed to market for new customer projects.
- Have TOTAL obsession over the details of excellent and creative design.
- Identify and implement process improvements for increased efficiency, cost savings, reduction of waste, and increased throughput.
- Participate in extending the functional production hours and process to fully lights out production.
- Bachelors Graphic Communications, related Degree, or commensurate experience.
- Must have amazing time management and project management skills. You can articulate the Why, How and What for all projects.
- Critical eye for design and the crucial details associated with creating impressive functional and robust packaging designs.
- Direct experience operating Packaging CAD systems.
- Direct experience with printing and packaging, and digital production management.
- Direct experience using Adobe Creative Suite and Caldera or other RIP in a production environment.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a production or creative art or printing technology.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal (English)
- Process improvement training with proven results. Greenbelt or Blackbelt Certification in Lean Manufacturing is a big asset. Have the ability to think like MacGyver.
- Must have a strong safety mindset.
- Ability to travel occasionally for business.
Individual qualities (SAME FOR ALL PLAYERS ON OUR TEAM):
- Personal qualities of positivity, honesty, integrity, credibility, and unwavering commitment to Tango Press values.
- Has a mindset of delivering excellence in all functions of the company.
- Able and willing to get deep into the trenches and details as needed.
- Continuous improvement mindset.
- Makes delighting the customer part of the everyday mindset.
- Must have a STRONG attention to detail.
- Ability to take responsibility for personal growth and development
- Leading by example and servant leadership are your style, choosing the “follow me” approach instead of the “go do that” approach.
- Team player attitude.
Of course our positions include a market-competitive compensation package, but you should know that we pay for performance not just experience. If the thought of a fast-paced, high-growth, excellence driven environment excites you, please introduce yourself..! Tell us what sounds appealing about our opportunity and why you would be a great addition to our team!
Please email your story to email@example.com. Make sure to put “You should consider me” in the subject line and include a note or your email will be filtered out. We would love to hear from you!
Tango Press is an equal opportunity employer.