Digital Production Team Leader – Tango Press
Digital Production Team Leader – Tango Press
Tango Press is a 100% digital printing and converting company for corrugated packaging and displays, focused on fast design and production of mid to large-sized production volumes. We are a new kind of solutions provider specializing in answering the dynamic needs of an evolving marketplace. The company was created to compress production timelines typically needed in analog production, deliver exceptional quality, and solve schedule and volume related issues in the packaging marketplace. Unbound by the traditional legacy industry behaviors and limitations, we disrupt the traditional packaging industry model with our cutting edge digital technology, incredible responsiveness, and uncompromising service.
Who We Seek:
Based out of our Springdale, AR location, the Digital Production Team Leader is a hands-on “player-coach” responsible for the timely manufacture of all digital production orders for Tango Press. Digital production includes all orders running through our HP FB15500 large format digital printing press, two Zund cutting tables, and hand labor (stripping, assembly and kitting). In addition, he/she will be directly responsible for 3-5 Production Team Members. This position will report directly to the cofounders.
• Develop and implement a scheduling system that is transparent to all stakeholders (Sales, CSR, Shipping and Production) that accurately displays current backlog and progress for digital production by machine center and hand labor. The system should include capacity planning and forecasting components. Existing systems should be used as a reference, but not necessarily the standard for building a system.
• Build a visual KPI reporting system that tells the heartbeat of the Digital Production Team. Again, existing metrics should be considered.
• Spend the first 30-60-90 days working hands-on with the Digital Production Team to learn the people, processes, equipment and opportunities. Alignment with Tango Press’s mission, purpose, values and vision is critical.
Qualifications & Requirements
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Minimum 3 years’ leadership experience; retaining, developing & engaging employees
• Minimum 3 years’ experience working closely with Maintenance regarding PM programs.
• Personal qualities of positivity, honesty, integrity, credibility, and unwavering commitment to Tango Press’s vision, mission and values. Make Delivering WOW part of the team mindset.
• A proactive, hands-on strategic thinker who will own the responsibility for digital production at Tango Press Packaging, and lead the team through significant growth. Able and willing to get in the trenches if needed.
• Process improvement training with proven results. Greenbelt or Blackbelt Certification in Lean Manufacturing is a big asset. Have the ability to think like McGyver.
• Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal (English)
• Strong attention to detail.
• Must have a strong safety mindset.
• Demonstrated ability to take responsibility for personal growth and development
• Ability to give directions to team members and lead through rapid adjustments as required
• Have amazing time management and project management skills. You can articulate the Why, How and What for all projects.
• Leading by example and servant leadership are your style, choosing the hands-on “follow me” approach instead of the “go do that” approach.
• Possess strong interpersonal skills to relate with all members of the team and other team leaders.
• Enjoy collaborating and networking with likeminded professionals.
• Enthusiastically lead and engage workers on site during production activities to ensure adherence to standards and safety procedures while maintaining alignment with Tango Press Mission, Vision and Values.
• Evaluate manufacturing equipment for safety and functionality. Working with the Maintenance Team to develop a PM program.
• Ensure that products manufactured meet and exceed quality standards that will deliver exceptional products to our customers.
• Motivate and coach workers to enhance production quantity and at the same time maintain high production standards, while having fun in an open environment.
• Regularly check finished products to ensure quality, and that Tango Press standards are met before they are ready to ship and deliver.
• Keep records of worker’s performance, including the creation and sustainment of a skills matrix for your team.
• Ensure your production area and team are always “Tour Ready” and extra cleanup is not required. A 5S mindset is a definite advantage in this area.
• Keep records of equipment, budgets, deliveries and supplies, and make them available to management for evaluation
• Together with the Press Operator and Preproduction team, create production schedules and lineups for workers to allow for the execution of projects in a timely manner, while maintaining the ability to quickly adapt to changes.
• Challenge existing standards and constantly be looking for waste, as defined by Lean manufacturing practices. When you find it, involve stakeholders, drive to the root, develop countermeasures and sustain what is implemented.
• Ensure that work materials are present as at point of use when needed.
• Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
• Execution of 360 peer evaluation and review
• Performance coaching and feedback
• Weekly or bi-weekly Production Team meetings
• Ensure your team is adequately staffed at all times using a combination of full time labor, temporary/project based labor and cross-functional Production Team labor.
• Develop and implement training programs for all positions/responsibilities within the Digital Production Team, and maintain and up-to-date skills matrix.
• Create and promote a positive and supportive work environment.
• Participate in weekly Leadership meetings and monthly Big Rock (status update) meetings.
• Work in conjunction with the Sales, Customer Service and Design Teams on project planning and execution.
• This position will be filled as soon as the right person is discovered through Tango Press’s interview process that will include multiple interviews with various stakeholders.
• Salary will be commensurate with experience.
• Full time, 08:00-17:30 Monday through Friday. The Production Team operates 24 hours, 5 days per week from Sunday graveyard to Friday afternoon, with paid overtime as required. The Team Leader will need to plan for occasional check-ins with each shift.
• Other benefits include paid vacation days, and more.
Of course our positions include a market-competitive compensation package, but you should know that we pay for performance not just experience. If the thought of a fast-paced, high-growth, excellence driven environment excites you, please introduce yourself..! Tell us what sounds appealing about our opportunity and why you would be a great addition to our team!
Please email your story to email@example.com. Make sure to put “You should consider me” in the subject line or your email will be filtered out. We would love to hear from you!