Digital Production Operator – Second Shift
Based out of our Springdale, AR location, the Second Shift Digital Production Operator will be responsible for the timely manufacture of all Digital manufacturing orders for Tango Press. Digital production includes all orders running through our HP FB15500 large format digital printing press, Zund G3 automated cutting tables, semi-automatic gluer and support with hand labor (stripping, assembly and kitting). In addition, he/she will be directly responsible for operating maintenance of the press and cutting table as required. The Digital Production Operator position will report to the Production Lead.
- Understand and operate the large format digital printing and conversion equipment.
- Regular shift-level equipment maintenance as required.
- Set up press and materials for multiple jobs during operating shift ensuring all materials are press-ready and managed appropriately.
- Work closely with the Tango Press design and Sales teams on projects as required.
- Maintain accurate production records during shift.
- Review and maintain production and sample orders to determine job specifications such as production time, color sequence, and quantities required.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a large format digital printing and/or converting environment.
- Minimum 1 years’ experience working with corrugated substrates in a production environment.
- Personal qualities of positivity, honesty, integrity, credibility, and unwavering commitment to Tango Press vision, mission and values. Make delighting the customer part of the everyday mindset.
- A proactive, hands-on strategic thinker who will own the responsibility for digital production at Tango Press, and manage production through significant growth. Able and willing to get deep into the trenches as needed.
- Process improvement training with proven results preferred. Greenbelt or Blackbelt Certification in Lean Manufacturing is a big asset. Have the ability to think like MacGyver.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal (English)
- Strong attention to detail.
- Must have a strong safety mindset.
- Demonstrated ability to take responsibility for personal growth and development
- Ability to give feedback to team members and lead through rapid adjustments as required
- Have amazing time management and project management skills. You can articulate the Why, How and What for all projects.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills to relate with all members of the team.
- Enjoy collaborating and networking with like-minded professionals.
- Enthusiastically engage with team on site during production activities to ensure adherence to standards and safety procedures while maintaining alignment with Tango Press, Vision and Values.
- Evaluate manufacturing equipment for safety and functionality.
- Ensure that products manufactured meet and exceed quality standards that will delight our customers.
- Inspire teammates to enhance production quantity while personally maintaining high production standards, and having fun in an open environment.
- Regularly check finished products to ensure quality, and that Tango Press standards are met before they are ready to ship and deliver.
- Ensure your production area and team are always “Tour Ready” and extra cleanup is not required. A 5S mindset is a definite advantage in this area.
- Challenge existing standards and constantly be looking for waste, as defined by Lean manufacturing practices. When you find it, involve stakeholders, drive to the root, develop countermeasures and sustain what is implemented.
- Ensure that work materials are present as at point of use when needed.
- Contribute to and promote a positive and supportive work environment.
- Participate in Leadership meetings as requested.
- This position will be filled as soon as the right person is discovered through the Tango Press interview process that will include multiple interviews with various stakeholders.
- Salary will be commensurate with experience.
- Full time, minimum 03:00-11:30 Monday through Friday. The Production Team operates 24 hours, 5 days per week from Sunday graveyard to Friday afternoon, with overtime as required. The Digital Production Operator will need to plan for occasional extra shifts and remote check-in.
Of course our positions include a market-competitive compensation package, but you should know that we pay for performance not just experience. If the thought of a fast-paced, high-growth, excellence driven environment excites you, please introduce yourself..! Tell us what sounds appealing about our opportunity and why you would be a great addition to our team!
Please email your story to email@example.com. Make sure to put “You should consider me” in the subject line or your email will be filtered out. We would love to hear from you!